Thread: WALMART
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 AM
DonnaRae

[quote=Melissa]The Wal-Mart where I live has a tiny fabric/craft department, which is sad because it was pretty big until they made the switch to a "Super" center.

The best fabric/craft department I have ever seen in a Walmart (super or regular) is in Whitewater, WI. Now I may be a bit biased because I used to work there, but it is the truth. The department manager is sooo nice, she's very smart about everything in that section. She will go out of her way to special order fabric for anyone. I have seen her on the phone for hours with vendors trying to get certain fabrics. Everyone that works in that section is very knowledgeable too. It is always really clean, organized, and well stocked! This fabric/craft department has a large variety of EVERYTHING! $1.00 and $2.00 tables, regular priced fabrics, holiday prints, fleece, upholstery, sheer, nettings. It's really wonderful.

You may be right on target. There are four Walmarts that I can drive to (and I live where who would think that, we only have one big mall) two Walmarts that have a lot of faric and everything. The women that work these depts. have a lot of knowledge and are always odering and the same as you said. The other two stores that have fabric but not a lot the people that work there don't even know the difference between cotton and poly. Maybe Walmart is going by stores that have a reputition of not being able to increase sales due to poor fabric management. For there to be four stores with in driveing distance of me and they ALL have fabric with two of them growing in the fabric department must say something! Whatever though, makes me happy :D :D :D :D