Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Toto's Mom

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by momski
I went to the Milwaukee Art Museum to see the American Quilt exhibits and was confronted with some really rude quilters who treated me like a idiot. I won't go into specifics, I just wanted to remind everyone that quilters come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Don't assume someone doesn't know what they are talking about just because they don't look like your traditional quilter.

And if you are a lady in your 50's, brown hair, white shirt w/ print who was visiting the museum today with 2 other ladies of the same age who snickered at a young mom wearing a Mariners shirt.... I hope your sewing machine eats every last one of your quilts!
I love your last sentence !!

I dislike rude people. What exactly does a "traditional quilter" look like?

I am a quilter, but I don't exactly look "traditional.
Well, you look very much like I did 20 years ago. Harley boots will work on a sewing machine pedal, same as polished toenails and sandals. Old guys can grow a beard and keep on riding. Older ladies ( without beards) get noise interference from our face flapping in the wind! :lol:

As for the museum quilt show, I heard a quote today that also works for these situations.
" If I have to pull up my Big Girl panties and deal with it one more time, the elastic is going to break and I really will have to show my a**!"
I, too, try never to dignify twits with anything more than a snicker as I walk off.