View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
amandasgramma

Originally Posted by gaigai
I have submitted a query to Tabber regarding this post, to see what he says on the issue. On his home page, is this:

http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...ompanies.shtml

It seems to indicate that even though McCalls and Quilters World (and any others) SAY they can restrict what you do with quilts you make from a pattern, it is NOT correct. I urge all of you to read the article. And do whatever you want with the quilts you make.
That's the best information I've read yet...and the most LOGICAL of all! This line really grabbed me: "The patterns you submitted are not technical drawings, diagrams, or models, nor do they portray the appearance of the objects manufactured. they are the outlines of the component parts used in the manufacture of products. They are intrinsically utilitarian and functional, and thus are not eligible for copyright protection." That exactly what the patterns for quilts are....they are OUTLINES of the component parts used in the manufacture of products. Now..if we were talking Plastic templates or reproducing and selling the plastic rulers...that's another story!!! thank you, GaiGai