Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 PM
janedee

Originally Posted by momski
I went to the Milwaukee Art Museum to see the American Quilt exhibits and was confronted with some really rude quilters who treated me like a idiot. I won't go into specifics, I just wanted to remind everyone that quilters come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Don't assume someone doesn't know what they are talking about just because they don't look like your traditional quilter.

And if you are a lady in your 50's, brown hair, white shirt w/ print who was visiting the museum today with 2 other ladies of the same age who snickered at a young mom wearing a Mariners shirt.... I hope your sewing machine eats every last one of your quilts!
know that one - I went to Birmingham Festival of Quilts at the weekend - very big and very busy - overheard not once but 3 times fellow quilters complaining about people in wheelchairs!! couldn't believe what I was hearing - saying how they got in the way and shouldn't be allowed - needless to say by the 3rd time I was fuming and couldn't resist butting in and remind them 'that their for the grace of God it could be them' not an attitude you would associate with quilters - am fuming just thinking about it!!!