View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM
GwenH

Hi there, I've been a member here for a few months but haven't had much time to check in, we've had a crazy busy year again and it seems that every year is busier and there is less time to get everything done. I try to get on and read some of the messages when I can, but somedays there just aren't enough hours .... well most days actually. I enjoy reading the messages and seeing other quilters projects and learning new things.

I've been quilting for almost 8 years, where has the time gone.. I don't have a lot of time to sit and quilt, but when I do get some spare time I thoroughly enjoy it. I take my sewing machine and a project or two with me whenever we can get away camping, and my hubby is always good about me taking half (well maybe 1/8th) of my sewing room camping. One time he even suggested that we should buy a bigger camper, so I could have my own sewing area and I could leave everything out instead of putting it all away for the night.
There is always something new to learn and sometimes it's a little scarey, but in the end it's not as bad as I think it's going to be... I just learned how to do a mitered border, the first one I did turned out pretty good, the second one... well let's just say, it's back to the drawing board.