View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by jayelee
Honey I understand what you are saying but send it back chalk it up to a lesson learned and next time if there is one get half(at Least) of what you want in a deposit and dont do any work until you get your deposit
Friendship is friendship and work is work is what my 91 year old MIL is always saying to me when this happens to me
SEND IT BACK?? WHY IN THE WORLD??? the reason she's saying to keep it and sell it is because she knows she's wrong and is embarrassed at the amount she owes, not out of love. she thinking that whatever money the quilt brings in will compensate for the amount she owes. NOT :evil: she did a terrible thing to a friend and is now trying to make nice without paying a dime. she should be ashamed of herself. if you washed someone's windows or cleaned their home and they refused to pay you because it didn't really cost you anything, would you smile and say it's okay, i had nothing else to do for 9 hours anyway except clean your house and get tricked by a friend? where can i find a housemaid like that? how great would that be? everyone who suggests that she give back the quilt and expect no payment has obviously never been stung for a promised $250. and 9 hours. she lost money and she lost time and she lost what she thought was a friend. she should at least try to get back some money.

she'll never get back the time and she shouldn't want back that friend.