Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 AM
angieh1964

Originally Posted by momski
Thanks for the love ladies. I LOVE the pincushion idea and will definatly put that into practice.

The snicker was in response to a statement that I made about the usefulness of a quilt with no batting that was made in NJ. I suggested that it could be for decoration and the lady in question snickered at me and said "they didn't have decoration." I call BS. She should have read the very next plaque, which said that a quilt of this complexity and quality of fabric would be used for display purposes.

I also should have mentioned that I am a historical archaeologist with a special interest in the "womanly arts" of the mid-1800s through westward expansion, so I know what I am talking about. But I just wanted to get away from that woman before I acted as rude as her and let my son throw his toy phone at her.
i am sorry since you know all that stuff about quilting you are a much better person than i am had i been you i would have preceded to tell the old witch what u just told us and made sure she knew how wrong she was of course i probably would have ended up in jail because i probably would have whispered to my son to throw the toy at her. i am not sure when it became socially acceptable to talk to and about strangers in public. we were at a restaurant once and my youngest son has psoriasis severly on his face which we were working on getting under control well the people at the next table decided they needed to talk about it like we were idiots and deaf the when my dh came back to the table he asked what was wrong i guess he could see the smoke billowing out of my ears so i told him in a voice loud enough for them to hear that some people feel the need to be rude in public and comment on crap that they know nothing about! needless to say they finished their dinners and left quickly. im sure it didnt have anything to do with the daggers i shot them the whole meal.