Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i believe any shop should do what ever they can to offer their customers the lowest shipping rates available. if that means taking off the 'pretty-ribbon' then so be it. i am pretty strict with myself when it comes to ordering and shipping costs. i only order from shops that offer free shipping at $35-$50; i can always spend that much, if the free isn't until $100+ then i look elsewhere. i have to be to the point where i have to have it, can not find it anywhere else and still look for the lowest shipping costs i can find; if the shop has what i consider rediculous shipping policies (such as $7.95 for a book that costs $5) i not only do not buy it but i will not even look at their shop. i was ordering needles for my long-arm and the company used a flat rate system so 2 packs of needles that would go in a normal first class envelope with a 44cent stamp showed up with $7.95 shipping because the cost of the needles were over $10...so i called them...they did ship my needles for $1...
it does seem like some on-line shops make their money with their shipping fees, not from me though