Thread: Rude quilters
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 07:48 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by samharley
Hi< Im samharley.New to this site. I am 73. Not to new at quilting, got a lot to learn, but I love to quilt, I have a big problem of buying fabric,I have tons of it,Love it,Love it.I just get into another world when I walk into my sewing room,It's like when i ride my motorcycle,it's me,my bike and the wind.nothing else.Hope someone out there understanders what this is like.Yes I wear boots, not to sew in, LOL I do dress in Biker clothes and leathers,no one would would believe i was a quilter out there. My husband and I travel alot on our bikes .I visit all the Quilt and fabric shops we run into, Love it. I do get a few stares and whispers. But I enjoy life. I did not mean to talk about other things on the post, I was talking about rude peope.I love them, I just smile,stand taller and turn around so they can get the full picture of this Biker Chic that loves God and all his people ( and the rude ones) This site looks like fun ,I have already made the dish towel,folded potholder,& microwave mit, Thanks ya'll
I'm chuckling away - lots of power to you. In the old, OLD days people thought all bikers were Hell's Angels. Now, they're more likely to be people who love the great outdoors. I LOVE seeing bikers riding by on a beautiful day. DH has a wonderful old (1958) Porsche convertible, and we never put the top on, and we do 'thumbs up' with all the bikers we see.