Old 09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
sahm4605

I am starting this month out at 154 and some change. This is down from the 196 at this time last year. now that I am weaning my ds it should be easier to loose the weight. other than being pregnant I have never been this heavy. I have to loose the weight because I have bad knees and they can't take the weight, and I don't want to end up like my grandma who died in her late 70's at almost 500lbs, bed bound and with all sorts of medical issues. the only good thing about her being morbidly obese and bed bound was when she had full on dimensha and Alzheimers she couldn't wander off. So for everyone that is loosing weight I am sooo proud of you guys. But remember, we need to make life style changes and not just diet. diets don't work because when we go off them we gain the weight back. when we change our life styles then is when we will keep the weight off. like Laureneberhard posted, she has changed her life style with portion control which works for her. Me I am working on eating my veggies and (this will send hubby into heart attack) eating fish twice a month. I don't like fish but have to get used to it.