Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Dagny

First, I want to say all of you are doing an awesome job with these little buggers. I've been working along, although in a different manner, and decided it's time for the great reveal.

I don't have the patience to stretch this out to a year or more so I'm trying to do similar blocks at the same time. Additionally, I've drawn out a lot of foundations, and am working on some of the more difficult ones at the same time.

I also plan to substitute liberally because I just don't like some of the blocks. So, I'll replace the baskets with something else farm related, for example. Another one I don't plan to use is Rosebud because it always reminds me of four pig's feet (you'll never look at it the same again!)

The fabrics are Moda Fresh Cotton. I really don't like 30's fabrics so I wanted to stretch into something similar but not quite. These are not fabrics that I would normally be attracted to either, but I think they work with the theme.

The other thing I'm doing is attaching a sashing piece to each as I go. It's helpful in arranging them.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109110.jpe