Old 09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
The Eldredge B you picture is probably from the 1890's; the fiddle-base version was manufactured in the 1880's. (Per Charles Law.) If you'll notice, the treadle itself once had the initials of the manufacturer; parts of it have broken away. The cabinet looks a lot like my New England Queen, also a National machine.
Wow, nice machine! I just got back from looking at the Eldredge for sale here. I didn't bring it home with me. The cabinet was missing drawers, the top had been redone -- and not a good job so my DH says. The machine itself was probably a lot newer than the one BZ Quilting has, at least it seemed to be a later version. The 'Eldredge' in the middle of the decal on the head was worn off, otherwise the decal's were not in too bad a shape. The machine was in pretty good shape too -- not much rust, and it looked to be complete. Of course, I wanted to buy the machine (I can't resist any of them), but my DH was with me and he says no we don't need this machine! I should of left him at home!

Nancy