Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM
akrogirl

DH and I went to San Diego today for a horse show. Naturally, we also had to visit a couple of quilt shops ;-0 It so happened that the closest shop to the airport was Quilt in a Day in San Marcos.

Well, we got to the store and I soon found some fabrics I liked. We were a little late getting there, and it was close to closing, so I left DH with the fabric while it was being cut and took another quick look around. I got back to the cutting table to find the assistant, who was as slow as molasses, doing a really bad job of tearing the fabric - a good 1/2" was visibly damaged and unusable. I asked her to cut the remaining piece instead. The fabric wasn't even and, without making any allowance for that, she cut exactly at the 36" mark, meaning I actually got less than one yard. By that point I just wanted to get out, so I didn't bother to argue the point. Suffice it to say, this store is not on my "must re-visit" list and they have also lost my Internet business.

On a much more positive note, we also visited the Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista. This store is located in a really quaint old house and every room is packed with a wonderful selection of fabrics and patterns. The staff were friendly, the cuts generous, and even DH agreed that we needed to go back there on future visits :-)