View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

SharonAnne, To me your quilt has an art quilt feel, therefore I'd probably quilt it with different/creative stitches (patterns) in the various sections. It seems like the leopard in the lower right needs to be outlined, maybe even around his eyes, ears, nose, etc.
Be sure to sign it!
Jan in VA

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
I am glad for this discussion because as a new quilter, I have been baffled about the quilting part. Granted, I have yet to take a class, but I have done a lot of looking at pictures on this board. I love each and every one of the quilts/projects I have seen, and the quilting of feathers, curliques, etc is exquisite, but still, I am afraid to do it. As an example, I am attaching a picture that I still do not know what to do with. I think it is beautiful "as is" and am scared to ruin the simplicity and beauty of the cat by running thread all over him. Small projects such as potholders and placemats can "take" and often demand a lot of stippling, but I want this quilt to be natural. So, my dilemna is - should I or shouldn't I do anything but SID on this one. Can't make up my mind, thus this has sat as a UFO since February, 2010. I don't need it until Christmas, so I still have some time to deal with it. And this is my problem with all my projects. Is less more? Is more too much? Does this come with experience or is it a personal like/dislike thing? Thanks for listening and for your potential comments. Oops, how do I put my photo here?