View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 AM
PJL

[quote=sew cornie]
Originally Posted by PJL
Originally Posted by sew cornie
......BTW, I began quilting 20 years ago, so I've had lots of practice. My goal is to make this my most accurate quilt yet and potentially show-worthy.

Potentially show-worthy was my goal with this too! And then we went to the MN State Fair last Saturday and I saw the quilts there.....oh dear, show-worthy may be a goal set too high! The winning State Fair quilts were absolutely gorgeous. Many of them were so much applique! Of course there are various categories of quilt submissions but those applique ones were the most beautiful. Lots and lots of work went into them!

I know exactly what you mean. I went to the OR State Fair yesterday and am so in awe of the work that's done on the quilts. Last year, I thought, "No way could I ever do this." This year, I'm thinking, "Maybe so. Won't hurt to try." I'd be very happy just to have one hanging alongside the others, ribbons or not. I'll give it my best and see what happens. You can do it too!
Thanks for the boost! I am going to still try for next summer which is about how long this FWS is going to take! I'll be happy if they even allow my entry. I've heard they are very particular in entry allowance. One gal said they wouldn't take hers because her binding wasn't evenly divided between front and back. So at least I know to be very accurate when I bind!

Although one of my dreams is to have one in the State Fair, I wonder if starting with a county fair entry would be an option just to get some experience.

I hope we both have entries next year!