View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 AM
omak

There are pens that have air disappearing pens, and then there are pens that when you have done the stitching you spritz with water and the lines disappear as everything dries.
I don't know if you are doing machine quilting on a frame, or if you are using your portable machine sitting on your sewing table.
From experience, I can tell you that you will get more bang from your buck practicing the lines on pads of paper and a pen. the lines are too constricting, the tools to make lines (though there is an alternative even for that - - quilting templates/stencils and a cinnamon or chalk pounce) anyway, the tools always raise the question of leftover marks or not getting the instructions for removal correct. <wave>

Originally Posted by Pzazz
Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by omak
OOOOH! I think you ought to back it with BRIGHT RED flannel! It looks all warm and cuddly ... <wave>
Hmmmm interesting thought. With so much white on the front side, I didn't know what colour route to take for the back. Mom is a real "green" fan....a bit of the old Irish, don'cha know. Perhaps I can find a nice bright kelly green.

Patti
Well, there you go!

When the recipient has a favorite color, you know everything you need to know <g> ... maybe quilted with four leaf clovers all over, or whatever the green means to your mom <wave>
Omak....seems you are being my directional prod in finishing this. I will be doing FMQ, and had been thinking perhaps spirals in the 9P's, and leaves of some kind in the white. I like your idea of the 4 leaf clover. I'll play some on a scrap and see if I can manage that. :)

Patti
Patti--think of the leaves as hearts and maybe it will flow easier for you, G
Thanks G. I like that idea of thinking hearts...even if my leaves dont' look like leaves, I can say I "intended" them to be hearts!!! LOL My co-worker, (not a quilter), also suggested I practice drawing several to get the feel of the motion. Am I correct in thinking I can get a disappearing marker that I could draw lines to follow? That would sure help!!!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, ladies. :)

Patti