Old 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM
jenna p in ga

Originally Posted by good_apple
I've been reading the board a long time, but didn't find this thread until after I found My Fair Lady on ebay. I fell in love with her even though I had never had much interest in treadle machines. I won her for $150.00 and don't tell me I paid too much because I would have paid more. But before I could even bid I had to convince my husband that she was worth going from central Michigan to southern Pennsylvania to pick her up. Luckily we go through PA on our way to NY state where the kids and grandkids are. We're still in NY and won't be going home to MI until after Labor Day.

I've learned a lot about her since I started reading this thread. She's a Model 66 called a red eye for the decals which, by the way, are lovely. The cabinet is either called a parlor model or a drawing room model. I'm not sure which is correct yet. She came with her manual and all the attachments listed in it except the needle case . They are a bit grimy but not a trace of rust. And in the bottom of one of the drawers are the pieces and crumbs of what look like the original receipt.

I'm so looking forward to getting her home and learning to sew on her. I don't think she'll need much work except a good cleaning, but I'll probably be looking for some advice on how to treadle.

Joyce

That is a very pretty machine, and I really like the cabinet!!!