Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 AM
sewhip

Originally Posted by Bostons
Originally Posted by happy sewer
I have a friend who bought a 1600P. It has been nothing but a headache. Won't sew . Skips stitches. Thread always breaks. She hates it.
Thanks. That helps a lot.
i had to laugh, my mother admired my sewing machine a great deal, she always complained about hers not working right. she said she had nothing but problems with it. i always felt bad that mine worked so good and she had so much trouble with hers. when she moved to a different state, i gave her my machine. i couldn't see her lugging a machine that didn't work clean across country and mine worked so well i was sure she would have no problem with it. WRONG!!!!! she had nothing but trouble with it. when i went for vacation to thier new house she was telling me all about the trouble she had with it. so i took a deep breath and dug in to see what the trouble was and hoped it didn't have to go to the repair shop and cost a fortune to fix. well, she didn't have it threaded correctly, she had a dull, bent needle in it, the bobbin wasn't wound right or threaded right and the set screw was about to fall out. she was using some dime store thread and there was lint and fuzz everywhere, the tension was all messed up and she had released the pressure on the foot. well, now was the problem with the machine? LOL
i later learned the machine she originally had was a step down model of the one i gave her. seeing as she didn't know how to set it up, no wonder she had so much trouble with the more complicated one.

ENJOY YOUR MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!