Old 09-03-2010, 01:49 PM
twistedsheets

I discovered last month just how expensive it is to buy pedialyte from the stores after I became ill. Tho I used their's for several days at a cost of $4 per liter , my neighbor was kind enough run and purchase for me, because I could barely get out of bed. After getting some hydration back into me and my brain, I remember from my younger days days this could be made cheaper at home. So I searched the internet and found most recipes were the same but given in 2 cup measurements. This is what I came up with cause I needed larger quanties on hand. Take an empty juice bottle like cranberry juice(etc) 64oz. Make a package of your favorite Kool-Aid. Cherry I keep in the house. 1cup sugar 1 tsp Iodized salt with potassium, 1 tsp baking soda. Place all in bottle and fill with cold water and mix or shake up. If you need alot double recipe in an empty 1 gallon bottle such as orange juice or water bottle. Hopefully no one will have to use this like I had too. Dehydration is very ,very serious and you should seek medical help, and can lead to death untreated! I originally did but was mis-diagnosed, and released. By the time the hospital caught what was really wrong and called me I was already in bed and home several days and you guessed very peeved-offed. Thank God I was smart enough , and co-herent enough to realize my flu-like systems(which it wasn't) was dehydrating me rapidly.