Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM
weezie

Originally Posted by Linda B
when the folks at LQS don't bother to cut fabric that has a very clear straight line pattern to it along that line? I've been working with the Boy Scout line of fabric and I do acknowledge that several pieces of the material were all wonky on the bolt which means I'm having to block each piece to get the pattern lines straight. But on at least 2 pieces I got locally I lost 3 - 4 inches of length due to the way it was cut. So, is it just me or do you think fabric should be cut along pattern lines when it's very obvious? Oh, and another thing - not even a 1/4 inch extra over the yard I asked for!!
I DO think fabric should be cut along pattern lines, but you have to tell the cutter in advance; never assume that common sense prevails or that anyone else shares the same thought(s) that you do. Politely make very clear what you want. I always do and it saves being angry at myself for wasting money. Luckily I've been fairly fortunate with fabric I've bought on-line. I've bought from 4 different on-line fabric companies and there is only one of those that I will not do business with again.