Old 09-03-2010, 08:17 PM
lazyquilter

I have since, as the rest of my favorite helpers and guides did with me, looked this up on the internet. I finally was able to contact this very lovely woman. Okay history. It's a model 758 -744 (?) and she was reading from the manual the long list of stitches, button holes, etc. that it does. She got from a dealer from like a Sew & Vac company at that time. She had only one problem with and that was a bird nesting situation that was taken care of by a tension change. She "thought" she had it cleaned etc. about 2 year ago about the time her lovey hubby purchased her a Viking. She basically makes the komona things that the little warriors practice at the "rub on rub off" to be come a brown belt. She then put it away to save for her daughter. I had to think about that one. She got in 96, her daughter is now 6 years old. She decided to sell it. I sent an e-mail to the factory to see if I just get a look at a picture or the cover of the manual as the website only shows the ones from 09 and they are models starting at 761. So I am going to follow up if I am able to over the weekend. She understood that I never know from day to day what my body goes to do, but if it's a good day, she's not very far so it would be a nice thing to do. If I do not feel it's something I need or want to hold on to forever, I will just not buy it. But thanks for being my cheering squad... and I will let you know how it turns out. She did have one woman call, very excited and was sure she read the JAGUAR was FEATHERWEIGHT.. I can see how that would happen, the words are very similar. grins and giggles,
Blue