Old 09-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Take your time. Measure twice or three times, cut once. Press, not iron your fabric. Make friends with your seam ripper. Ask questions, be excited about what you are working on and most of all....HAVE FUN!
My seam ripper is Roger the Ripper and we are having a mad passionate affair! I am sure it is a permanent thing! One thing about Roger the Ripper is that I can take him anywhere! I took him on an airplane trip once (since 9-11) and used him as a scissors. Hey, it works!!!!! Can't hurt anyone with a seam ripper!!!!! I am known as the only person in the world with a Fons and Porter ergonomically designed DULL seam ripper. Need I say more? Keep a record of everything that you make, a notebook, a "nothing" book, a photo album, anything that someday someone will look back and remember. Also, I make a book with each quilt that I give away. It has recipes, stories, jokes, sayings and adages, just a sort of fun remembrance to the person you gave the quilt to what was going on when the quilt was being made. Also, and most important, it give the quilt provenance - dates, people, locales, etc. And enjoy, have fun, make everything you do a pleasure, because it is. Edie