Old 09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh yes--OOOOO and AHHHHH... lovely colors and what a nice design. Did you follow suggestions on color placement or work on that yourself? It's perfect!!

How many different sized blocks and fabrics are in there?

PS If it were mine, I'd skip a border. It doesn't tell me it needs one.

:wink:
I drew it up on graph paper, then used colored pencils to "place" the reds first, then the teal/aqua. Then I filled in with the other colors. There were actually two drawings, and the second one I did after I was sure of all the fabrics I wanted to use. I started out with 30 selections and let them kinda hang over the banister so I could just kinda get used to them being around to see if anything struck me funny. And a few did, so they got pulled.

The "Lantern Pod" and "Tile Mosaic" (the teal ones) are fabric a gal sent to me to build the quilt around. She sent some others that didn't really jive, but she was ok with that.

Total fabrics used:
3 reds
2 teal
2 teal/gold batiks (Thanks, ROBERTA!)
2 yellow/gold (one yellow had daring teal daisies on it, so I fussycut 3 out)
2 butter+ teal
2 brown
1 butter + red

plus the binding, which doesn't show up anywhere but I think it "goes".

Now, how to quilt? Please, please, please, don't say SITD. I don't know how I'd even accomplish that!

Block sizes....I dunno, maybe about 10 different sizes? It's all based on 2" finished spaces, so no block is less than 6" finished, but there are some that are 12" finished, kwim? There was a lot of 6 inchers, maybe 24?