Thread: Do you EQ?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 07:27 PM
ShellyQ

I too have been looking into EQ6, but have decided not to purchase because of activation restrictions. and I really really wanted this programme. It costs a lot over here too NZ$310

I don't mind registration and activation, I understand companies have to find some way of protecting themselves from piracy. But to charge for every activation after the first four is just a bit much. Even Microsoft isn't this restrictive. In fact over my recent computer troubles they were very helpful about reactivating programmes.

I recently had experiance of having to reactivate programmes after a major computer meltdown and have realised that if you had a bit of bad luck it wouldn't take much to use up 4 activations. EQ does allow a 5th for computer malfanction situations but after that there is a charge every time no matter what the situation. I was informed of this in an email from the company in reply to my query.
Charge is US$37.50 which is about NZ$45 -50 depending on exchange rate.

some of the things that would cause you to have to reactivate would be, upgrading or replacing the hard drive, formatting the hard drive because you had to get rid of a web nasty, buying a new computer and so on.

It's a shame really because for a long time I've looked forward to when I had a computer good enough to run a quilt design programme, am quite dissappointed. May look into EQ5 though as this doesn't have the same restrictions. PS sorry about writing a book :lol: