View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Annya

Originally Posted by weezie
My exercise program has fallen off lately, but I don't blame that on quilting, so I really haven't given up anything. It was a trade-off: when I quit being a "working girl" at the end of 1994, I quit making clothes for myself. I cut my doll making down about 90% about that same time and I gave up smoking cigarettes shortly thereafter.

About 5 years ago, when I first got my embroidery machine & my own computer, I spent a HUGE amount of time on-line learning everything I could about machine embroidery, downloading info. & programs, and downloading & converting free designs. I don't do that anymore either.Except for the smoking, I never did that. but I had to quilt working on farms due to osteo-arthritis and went on the pension in 1997.I have only had the computer for 11/2 years and have learned a lot and have done a lot of photocopying patterns for that (One day I will so them) day. My embroidery computer died 2 years ago and I am getting a second hand one at Christmas from MD-MIL.And I will hopefully do more embroidery quilts or at least do different blocks so one dayput them together for that special quilt for ME.

All this leaves me with plenty of time for all aspects of quilting, plus time for reading and occasional t.v. watching. My house stays reasonably clean/neat, my chores get done, and we are homebodies. Summer is so roaring hot that I do not work outside except to pick fruit & veg., but come cool weather, I'll be back working outside quite a bit.