Old 09-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Ada Shiela

Hello Kellen 46
Haven't heard back from you re measurements of ruler so did my best to figure it out. It seems that you enlarged the photocopy shown here because spaces between measurements are larger than inches and half inches!!
Have reduced copy to 88% and used pieces of paper as per the large wedge template/ruler, which, after allowing 1/4" side seams, makes a dresden plate/flower of approximately 28" diameter!!!
Folding papers down on the 5 piece line gives a centre point as per pointed dresdens and you will need 20 wedges per dresden which can then be appliqued to background fabric.
Looking at the ruler copy, it separates cones into left and right pieces so presume the main wedge can be two-coloured as in Lemoyne Star - presumably you would need to add seam allowances to insides if you split the wedges but I haven't tried them too well yet. Folding fabric down on the 10 piece line gives a less sharp point to the petals.
I've given up searching dresden plate rulers online after pages 10+. I hope this helps a little :roll: