View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:37 AM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by kd124
Gorgeous! Perfect name for the quilt. I name some of my quilts but not all. I am working on a One Block Wonder right now and need to have it finished by Juy 9 when I go to my HS reunion. It is for my oldest (timewise not age) and dearest friend.

Ducky--it really is a lot easier than it looks. I chain piece mine, so it goes really fast.
Kathy - please show us when you've done! Unless you'd rather have a Inova quilter's set up than a camera :mrgreen: !

Chain piecing - do you do several hexs at a time then? That sounds interesting. I take a stack of 6 and piece two sets of three, press seams, pin together and stick on wall. I'd be worried about mixing up the triangles; please enlighten me as to how you do it, sounds like a great tip!

And I ditto what Jenell said - I went through the book step by step, it's really clear and good explanatory pics (Jenell - we SHOULD be on commission! :wink: ). AND if I can do it then anyone can too! :D
I've chain pieced a whole strip set of triangles. You just have to remember that every two belong together. If you also try to have them arranged with contrasting patterns next to each other, they come out easier to pair together.
Then I cut them apart, press seams open, lay out matching halves together, ready to get pinned together and go on my design wall. It sure makes that whole process go fast.