View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Maybe1day

I too have been following this thread with mixed feelings and I heartily agree with your observations ginnyk, I make quilts and all the other crafts I enjoy doing just for that, joy of creating. I also love to give gifts.

I give the things I create away for many reasons though mainly because if I didn't then I would surely need a room or shed just to house them in for storage and because when I give a gift I like it to be more personal.

I like to think they both like the gift and will use it so always tell them that if they like the gift then use it, that is what it was made for and if they find it no longer suits their tastes or they no longer have a use for it then pass it on because I would rather what ever I made be used then stored away. Once I have passed them on, I let them go.

Yes the real joy for me is in the making and giving and what happens after that is of little concern, for myself I treasure everything and so will display it and use it because that is who I am. Isn't it wonderful that we are all so different?

Maybe1day :)