View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:29 PM
brushandthimble

Now let’s attach our binding to our quilt;
(1st pin) Pin beginning of binding strip to long side of quilt, (2nd) second pin about 8 inches down from beginning edge; this is where you will start sewing. Take 3rd and last pin, position about 8 inches above 1st pin; this is where you will STOP sewing.

With walking foot attached, I use the outside edge of my walking foot as my seam guide
Back stitch 2 or 3 stitches or use locking stitch, stitch down edge, STOPPING 1/4 INCH before end (I do eye ball this, but you can mark it before you get to the edge). Stop with needle down, lift presser foot and turn quilt so the CORNER edge is centered in the middle of your foot ; lower presser foot and stitch off the edge (this will be at an angle).
DO NOT CUT THREAD; Raise presser foot again and turn quilt so the edge you just attached is at the top, (you may have to pull quilt toward you a little). Binding is behind machine, Fold binding back over itself toward you, and fold again.

Stitch from very edge (through fold of binding), and continue to next corner.

pins #1 and #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111905[/ATTACH]

walking foot edge as guide
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111907[/ATTACH]

3rd pin to far left, this is where you will end
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111909[/ATTACH]

pivot to stitch corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111910[/ATTACH]

fold binding up at corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111912[/ATTACH]

fold back down at right angle even with top and left side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111992[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111900.jpe   attachment-111902.jpe   attachment-111904.jpe   attachment-111905.jpe   attachment-111907.jpe  

attachment-111987.jpe