View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:26 AM
chrisfass

Linda, Rita: Re Flynn Quilt Frame. This is what I found out so far.
Setup is really easy and quilt looks smooth and firm in frame I dont think you have to worry about puckers or creases in the back. goes on machine easy. with the PVC pipe for balance that part works good. the sewing and moving of quilt needs practice to get a even flow. The problem that I found was that it needs practice to get the stitches a even length. I thought I could just sit down and quilt, but thats not so. you need to practice on a plain piece of material until I get the stitch length under control. I wish I had stitch regulater on my machine so if you have that your away.. So it is going away until after Christmas when I have time to play, Muffin my shit shu is going to have lots of quilts out of pratice pieces for his bed :wink:
All in all I'm sure it will be a real asset and I'm not sorry I bought it. with some pratice it will do a great job.. In the DVD that came with it John Flynn says to practice till you are comfortable with the results.. So I guess it comes down to doing what I'm told :lol: Chris