View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:40 AM
quilt3311

I use Stable Magic inside my applique. Its stiff, you cut out the piece, (actual size) attach it to the back of fabric with some glue stick (the washable kind) Cut out, adding a bit less than 1/4" for seams around the piece. Clip any inside curves almost to the Stable Magic. Use glue stick and turn the seam over onto the Stable Magic. Leave any side of a piece that will be covered by another piece un-turned. When all the pieces have been turned. I lay the pattern on a light box, then starting on the piece which lays fartherst back, use a tiny drop of Liquid Stitch on the unturned piece, then put the piece that is on top into the Liquid Stitch, press with iron to set. This makes everything stay together. Last is to use a tiny zig zag stitch with thread that matches the applique. Stitch all the seams down. Last put the applique in place on your background (again with glue stick) and stitch around the whole outside of the design. I use invisible thread for this step so I don't have to change colors when another piece is stitched over. Hope that's clear.