View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 AM
MI Applique Queen

Originally Posted by Joanie2
I see so many absolutely stunning quilts that many of you share with us and I assume, I know that's a terrible word, that they are all hand applique.

I have been quilting for over 25 years but have yet to do very much of it. I think I am a little intimidated by the whole idea of appliqueing anything but a very simple block. I'm wondering how many of you out there do the real thing and how many either machine applique or fuse. If you machine, do you use a buttonhole stitch or a satin stitch and if you fuse, what's the best fusible you use? What method works best for you? What tips can you give me? I need some help getting motivated and am hoping that your experience will light a fire under me. Thanks.
I love to applique and I use my machine. I have tried hand applique and didn't enjoy it. I love to do hand stitching but that is not one I like to do. I fuse first and have used many stitches. I like to try new things. Almost all the baby quilts I make have applique on them. I love to do wall hangings too with applique.