View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 AM
MI Applique Queen

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i do lots of applique...by hand, by machine, by english paper piecing, by fusing...how ever the project needs to be done. I just love applique..never thought about not being a 'true appliquer' if i don't hand applique everything...hmmmmm to me applique is applique, the technique does not matter. when i do fusable applique i usually use heat n bond lite or wonder under (just depends on which lqs i stop at which one is carried.) for machine applique it depends on the project, some i use a buttonhole stitch, sometimes a straight stitch, sometimes an invisible hem stitch. for hand applique i use a buttonhome stitch, or an invisible stitch, or a straight stitch. for fusable i still use stitching....what ever stitch i want to use on the project i am working on.
there is no reason to be intimidated by applique it is a fun technique that opens up all kinds of possibilities and you have so many choices of technique. try stained glass applique, it is very forgiving and the creations are terrific even when you are new to the technique.
You are so right and I love applique too.