View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 AM
stefanib123

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
I was just thinking that same thing, seems like a week or so ago...however mine is 26 now. Not sure how that happened so fast, and each year seems to be quicker than the last. It took me quite awhile to realize that God only lent her to us until she was ready for the world. I am so happy that I took every opportunity to enjoy things with her. Sure, I still am "mom" but now it's completely on her terms and times! Makes having that sewing room a blessing now, something to do besides missing her little face running around here! So, hang onto that space, you'll be needing it soon enough! (:
I'm glad you posted this. My oldest son is in his second year of college. He moved out the first year, and came back this summer(with a girlfriend, so I got 2 for 1!). I was so happy. It was the weirdest thing having him gone.

I know that its just temporary, and in a year or so , he'll be gone for good. I'd love to keep them forever, LOL! But, you are right, I'm going to have to incorporate your quote into an embroidery piece:

God only lent her to us until she was ready for the world