View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:56 AM
stefanib123

Originally Posted by catrancher
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Noveltyjunkie, America does NOT come into it!!! As you said it's about a person's values, no matter where you live or come from!!
Of course, America doesn't come into it and it is definitely about a person's values. I only brought it up as Americans because I was speaking specifically to the one member who got me thinking about this in the first place. She was the one who brought up the point that this forum is read all over the world, and so I was referencing what she said. I did not intend to imply that Americans should somehow be different from people of other nations in this regard.

That said, however, (and maybe I've missed something) I've never seen a thread where a group of Australians or a group of Europeans or any members from anywhere else are carping about some local place that we Americans don't know anything about. Nevertheless, noveltyjunkie, your point is well taken and everyone everywhere should be polite on such a big public stage.
Well, of course other countries gripe about certain stores,etc. Thats a human thing, not a country thing.

We just don't hear it because we hang out on sites that are mostly Americans. Yes, theres other countries here, but I'd bet its over 90% Americans here.

If we went to sites that the majority were another country, I'm sure you'd find complaints about someplace there.

I do totally agree with everything else you said, though. You are being the change that you want to see! I applaud you!