View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 AM
MiMi in Lutz

Originally Posted by Parrothead
When I started repairing our vintage quilts, I thought I would buy flour/feed sacks since many were used in the quilts. When I saw the price $9-20 per sack which is not even a regular yard, I knew my Grannie would not be happy with me as she and my parents were very frugal. I buy at JoAnns with coupons and at WM.
Those of you that still have a Wal-Mart that sells fabric are very fortunate. I don’t. I feel I need to support the LQS's or they will go away also...and having no fabric stores would....well, that is UNTHINKABLE. I hesitate buying fabric online as I don’t know the quality and most of all I do not know who is reputable. (If some of you could recommend some sites that you know are reputable, I sure would appreciate it.) So, often I have no choice but to pay the $10/yd. Yes, I could go to Joanne's and do so reluctantly. So often I cannot find what I want there. So, until I retire I will support the LQS's but I probably don’t buy as much fabric as most of you because I do work full time and not as much time for sewing as I would like. Please share the websites you all purchase fabric from that are honest people.