View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 AM
teddysmom

Originally Posted by natalieg
I got back from my first retreat on Sunday, almost a week ago and had a fabulous time! I will definitely be going to the next one (unless is it snowing)! It was held at a bed and breakfast lodge in the middle of nowhere. It only cost $130.00 for Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, and that included three meals a day and coffee, tea, cider, things like that. We went on Thursday afternoon and they only charged us $10 extra. For example: pork chops, homemade rolls, corn salad, fresh steamed cauliflower from the garden, fresh super moist baked potatoes from the garden, tossed greens from the garden, homemade chocolate cake.....and that was just one dinner!!! I love to eat almost as much as I love to sew, probably more!
the lodge was awesome....sew anytime you want and as late or early as you want to! She is a quilter, awesome quilts hanging all over and on every bed!
And, to top it all off, this is the first year the owners decided to have a drawing (the grand prize) and I won!!! The prize is free lodging and food the next quilt retreat! I can hardly wait!!!
Sounds like a quilters dream come true. Where was this retreat held?