View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Feathers

Hi Ruth Camp:
I've never used sheets for backing a quilt I've made so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. I will tell you that I recently went to a quilt show that had a quilt that was over 100 years old . It had a great story pinned to the quilt which told lots of info about this postage stamp-sized pieced quilt in all the old fabrics from cast off clothing of the family 100 years ago. ....great story, quilt was all hand sewn except that whoever ownes it now decided to "reverbish" it. They put a poly/cotton sheet on it as a backing. It totally RUINED this old, vintage quilt and everyone who went through the show came away shaking their heads that the person who did the referbish used a 1970's psychodelic daisy print sheet on this quilt. I'm sure the original maker of the quilt rolled over in her grave a time or two over this horrible choice of backing fabric. I was looking for the Quilt Crime Police to do something but they weren't around. :twisted: This was a great learning experience for me...I vowed never to use a sheet on a quilt as I'm afraid if I did the QCP would show up at my door! :roll: Feathers