View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 AM
ganny

Originally Posted by Virginia
Sometimes, but seldom. I usually buy because I like it. Yesterday, I went to Joaan's Fabric for 1 yard of black cotton broadcloth. In addition, in my shopping spree, I bought the end of a bolt, 5 yards, of a piece I liked. This was all cotton 45 inches wide at $3.00 per yard. They had a 50% off fabric sale. The 5 yards cost me $1.50 per yard and the broadcloth also half priced originally $2.95 a yard. I left the store with 7.75 yards of fabric and a length of non-roll elastic for $11.52 including Taxes of $.95. I had to tell myself "Get out of this store or you will be broke." That is not all of my bargain hunting. Saturday I went to Salvation Army Thrift Store looking for a knick knack for Senior's monthly meeting. Just browse around when I'm in a thrift store. Walking dow the aisle of winter coats, I saw a coat that had the original J.C. Penny price tag on it. No less than $129.00 was the original price. I looked at SA price. $6.00. Was my size. I bought it. It was 75% down filled. Am I a good bargain hunter or what? I've been patting myself on the back for 2 days.
My warmest and favorite coat I bought at a thrift store. And it is the kind that really doesn't go out of style.