View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:14 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
A new friend of my DD's came with her family to my house yesterday with my DD for a cookout. We had 12 people. I always use disposables whenever I can when I cook. Everything on the table was disposable, tablecloth, serving dishes, utensils, glasses, napkins. Condiments were on a tray. When we finished eating the young mom said what a mess we made, she told her kids and DH to start helping clearing the table. My DD said No watch my mom. I picked up the corner of the tablecloth and gathered everything up in a big heap. I handed it to DH to take to the trash can outside, wiped the table top and put my table runner on the table. It took about 2 min. Clean up done. DH uses disposble grilling pans and racks. I have to clean pots and skillets though. 8-) I will not cook a big meal and then have to spend time cleaning up after it. That to me is the biggest waste of time ever. :-D
That's the way to do it :!: :lol: Two years ago I decided to give my girls (DD & DIL's) a gift for Christmas...no dishes to wash. Years ago I had purchased a set of Christmas china at a price to good to pass up, but as the years have gone on it has become a pain to wash them and put them away. And my girls always do the cleanup for me. Then instead of unpacking all those dishes, I went shopping for paper plates & plastic cups. The girls were thrilled when I announced they wouldn't have to go through the china bit. Now even the "boys" help cleanup. :roll: :lol: