View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Corky

I think we can get some really good bargains and still pay less than full price.

My problem is that I am like a "kid in a candy store" when I see new fabric I want it all!! My solution? Stay out of the 'candy store' and know that when I do go in, I will probably find something to buy, so go with a budget and do not go over.

Easier said than done, but its working so far. I am selling some of my fabrics, too. (look a the topic log for Corky seller) That frees up some $$ and room.

Originally Posted by b.zang
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Just a thought. Sometimes prices depend on the economy and wages. I had a SIL that lived in Alaska and things cost way more than in Idaho, but his wages were way than we could ever make here also.
Agree. The cost of living varies along with the economy and prices that are beyond the local market will drop or businesses will close. Unfortunately the rise of globalization is making it hard for local businesses to compete against that larger market.

My thought? You get what you pay for. When I pay less than the going rate for fabric ($15 - $22/m) the quality is less.