View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 PM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Don't those machine cost like 35,000.00? I love free hand quilting myself lol.
It all depends on which machine, which robot & which frame. You can buy a brand new Juki TL98 and a Little Gracie Frame for less than $2,000. Adding the PC Quilter would be maybe $1,500 but you can find a used one for much less. This would be the very basic beginner setup though. I started with a B-Line Studio frame ($1,000) and an Elna 7200 ($1,300) but the Elna is really an all around, bells & whistles galore machine so it wasn't strictly for the frame. I added the Professional model PC Quilter a couple years later as well as Max Throat & Free Motion Max. I think that was right at $3,000 for all and all purchased brand new--again, used is considerably cheaper & fairly easy to find.

This past spring, I stumbled across a Voyager 17 with stitch regulator and a SuperQuilter ProFlex frame on ebay. There wasn't a very good description but I knew what it was and have been drooling over the longer armed machines for a couple years now. I got the whole package so cheap that I'm embarrassed to say how much. I know it was the steal of a lifetime but good things come to those who wait & do their homework while they are waiting.

I watched the Q-Bot system and asked the rep a few questions while in Paducah this past April. It is neat & I really liked how easily the software could digitize designs but I all ready own a robot that works just fine. I'll just keep digitizing the hard way for now although I'm fairly excited about the beta version of Embird 2010. If I can figure out how to use it, I might be able to get over my envy of the Q-Bot software--LOL.