View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Mimito2

I had hemorrhaging fibroids and was passing out when I stood up. I had a complete in Jan 09.. Dr told me to hold down the couch for 3 solid weeks and I would not have any healing problems. Immediately after surgery I was given a shot of estrogen and felt like superwoman for about 4 weeks then a nosedive back into depression and no energy. I was then put on estro-gel which helped a little. Dr then suggested I try testosterone shots to boost the estrogen. I grew hair, lots of it, everywhere, and got reallllly aggressive. I now understand what my boys went thru at puberty. I gave it the 3 month trial period my Dr requested then went back to just estro-gel. My sister had breast cancer and I am constantly harassed by family to stop estrogen treatment. I am 50 years old and my mother (83) has severe osteoporosis and heart disease so for me personally that is not an option. I take a multi-vitamin, calcium, vit D and an extra B-complex everyday. You seem concerned so for peace of mind ask your Dr to do a complete blood workup. There may be another underlying condition that was being masked by the surgery problem.