View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 AM
juliasb

Originally Posted by no1jan
I bought the blades from my local Harbor Freight and I hate them. I bought the carpet cutter first and someone had stolen the extra blades out of the package.

I went back a couple of days later as they were expecting a shipment of the blades and picked up 3 packages (they only received 3) and exchanged the carpet cutter.

I used the blade in the carpet cutter first. There was only 1 extra blade, so thought someone had stolen the other. It skipped like crazy. I had to go over the edge 4 - 5 times in order for it to cut 2 pieces of material.

I exchanged the blade, thinking maybe someone had also put an old blade in the package when they stole the original.
I used a brand new package and it did the same thing. I don't know if I am having a run of bad luck or what, but I'll keep to the other blades for now.

Although these are a lot cheaper, I don't want to waste any more fabric!

Hope everyone else has better luck than I did!
After just replying to your message here I decided I should right away test my blades. So I put one in my cutter and did some test on some scraps. I was able to cut 18" strips that were 6 layers thick without a problem. Nice and sooth. So smooth that I wasn't watching and cut right through a longer fingernail. I hope that you can find blades that work better for you. I have to wonder if it was just a bad bunch. I also have to wonder with HF sometimes it things like this might be seconds of some kind. For now the blades I have are working great. Good luck!