View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 06:12 AM
sandpat
Power Poster

Someone asked "how you pay for the postage on line"...First, you go to USPS.com. You then click on "Click 'n Ship". From there you can print your label, pay (using your credit/debit card), and even request a pick up from your carrier. To top it off...its cheaper to do it on line than it is to GO to the post office...AND delivery confirmation is free.

An idea for those shipping bulky knitted items...ship them in a space bag...stuff them in, vac out the air and they will fit easily in the small or med. flat rate box. They will puff back out just fine on the other end.

I have to say that yes...I think some of the rates are high, but thats only because I'm a cheap skate and think everything is high. If you think about it...you are getting a reliable service for much less than it would cost you to do it yourself. With all the things being sent around...its amazing the job they do! Out of 60 quilts going around the world 6 times each in the last year..we had 1 that vanished...1 out of that many mailings...I'd say thats pretty darn good (although it is sad about the 1)