Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 AM
AbbyQuilts

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I have tried the GF Bisquick, but again the cost makes it impractical for regular use. I also have to deal with a DH who is very particular, won't eat more than a couple different veggies, doesn't like anything asian, just regular meat and potatoes preferably. We are very fortunate to have a place locally where my son can get gf pizza, and what teenager can live without that! We are very lucky to only be dealing with celiac, many people we know also have other food allergies in addition to celiac. I think the biggest issue is the emotional part, feeling like I am deprived.
ohh my husband would never eat anything Asian or Spanish
he only eats corn and meat and potatoes.

The rice noodles in the Asian foods is pretty good it cooks up like angle hair pasta.
I know in my house for tacos I do not like hard tacos but that is the only one that come in corn.
If you look some places in the Spanish section has corn tortilla.
Dont know if you have Snyder pretzels or if it is gut a local thing but they make GF pretzels that are pretty good and healthy found right with the reg pretzel.

I would make a regular daily food plan
Then find all the gluten and try to substitute it for a healthy non gluten free food choice.
I know that most GF foods are expensive but if you change out
Spaghetti noodles of spaghetti squash its is not only healthier for you but I have heard taste good

So a sample meal could be

chicken tacos
Chicken cut up and seasoned
lettuce, tomatoes, low fat cheese
with corn taco shells
(no GF and healthy)
Add a salad to it and you have a meal

If you would like some more suggestions or help with some meal idea you can always PM me. Like I said I dont have it but I have to live it everyday