View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Dee Dee

You are right. Their notions are on sale frequently.

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Originally Posted by Dee Dee
OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.
They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.