View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Quilting Nana

Originally Posted by MI Applique Queen
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I have always hand appliqued. I have tried machine and don't like it. I sometimes use fusable (light) and do a buttonhole stitch around but I like to turn pieces under 1/4 inch and then do an invisable stitch. I really like that look. If you want quick, I guess hand done is not for you, but for me it's the actual handwork that I enjoy.
Machine applique is not all that quick. You have to go slow and pay attention to what you are doing. I have done both and both take patience and practice to do them well. If you don't take your time with both of them you will not do a good job. And like anything else practice is important to do a good job. I love doing raw edge applique and am still learning and learning how to do corners, curves and points takes practice. I do a lot of different hand stitching and don't feel that if it is done by hand it will be a done better than if I used a machine. Like I've said before to do anything, by hand or machine, well, takes practice and patients.
I agree I thought machine applique was really fast untill I learned how to do it correctly and creatively. :oops: