Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
I brought a perfectly good sewing machine in to be cleaned and the guy who "fixed" it, fixed it alright! He broke off knobs, tore a belt then blamed my husband! I told him that the machine only needed to be cleaned and that is all that I wanted him to do not brake it! I ended up paying him $75 for a machine that didn't work.
A great sale came along and I bought a better sewing machine, and had my other one fixed by a different person. I told this lady what this guy had done to the machine, and only charged me $65 to fix the machine to NEW! I now have 2 working machines, and will NEVER have this guy fix either of my machi fine ever again. I tell all my friends and anyone who needs a machine worked on!
TreeFrog
And you'll have plumbers who can't fix the toilet, carpenters who can't miter an edge and auto mechanics who can never find that funny sound your car makes. So we just have to patronize the ones who do a good job, and pay them enough to make a living for themselves. Seriously, do you think a doctor who sews up the gash on your child's head is only going to charge you for 6" worth of sutures??? So pay a GOOD sewing machine mechanic decently for his expertise!