Thread: sergers
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i bought one gosh probably close to 10 years ago...when it arrived my son's girlfriend popped in the video, threaded it and sewed a little bit with it, i remember she had a problem with the threading part, her eyes are not so good and it was a problem, but she liked using it and made a purse...fast forward 7 years, it was put away for a few years with no one having any interest, then my daughter wanted to try using it making leotards for the girls for gymnastics...so i sent it home with her, where it lived in the back of her van for another year...then she gave it back to me... i thought...i bought the dumb thing...i should learn to use it...so i set it up on the table...and found...ooops it needs to be threaded... and the instuction manual is in the form of a vhs tape...and our vhs player died about a year ago and we have not found another one...everything is on dvd these days...so back in the case it went, and has lived since under the bench in the entrance way...
they may be great for sewing certain things but i have not been able to try this out...some day's i think i should just sell it...some days i think i should really try to find a new vhs player...do they even make them? probably not...and do i want to spend more money...not really...so there it sits useless, and it has probably under 5 hours of use in its history...
Yes, they still sell VHS machines. In fact, my DVD player has a VHS side and I can copy (if I knew how! :lol: ) a tape to disc with it. It wasn't very expensive, either. We just still have small kids and a huge collection of DVD's I refuse to rebuy as DVD's so I needed a VHS player.